Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

E is for entry way & P is for Paradise Falls

Ok guys, I am so excited to do this post because it means that my project is complete! I have been looking for a way to make our entry way more functional and inviting. We had a microwave cart that held our mail, a change vase, and a bowl for our keys and next to that was a bright green bin that held our recycling.

Pretty bad, huh?

I had been looking around online for ideas and hadn't found anything that inspired me and buying new furniture isn't a priority at the moment, so I went to our local ReStores and found this little gem.

I instantly got an idea. $10 bucks later, it was all mine. Of course it wouldn't fit in my car and I had to call Mike and ask him to pick it up for me. This is the second time he's had to pick stuff up for me because it wouldn't fit in my car.  
Note to self: stop buying stuff that's too big for your car
 




Do ya see where I am going here?!

No?! It's okay, Michael didn't either.
After a little research, a few trips to Lowes and Home Depot, some new hardware, 5 coats of paint (so much for paint and primer in one, Valspar), one week, and $50 this is what I came up with.
 
A tilt out recycling bin with baskets for our shoes.

I think I need bigger baskets...


Here's my favorite part. Are you ready?!
Our Paradise Falls change jar!

Side note: I've been wanting to make this jar since Michael and I watched "Up" months ago. Glad to finally have it :)

So much better than our microwave cart & green bin. I was so happy with this! Who knew I was so handy with a hammer :) Now we just need to get our corkboard covered and I'll hang right above this. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment