Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spicy Chicken Rigatoni

This was a recipe with a few "first". First time I've cooked with red peppers, first time I've used rigatoni, and the first time I looked at a recipe and thought "it looks so good but the recipe is soooo lacking". So off to work I went. I looked over the recipe and made changes as I saw fit. Here's what I came up with. So spicy. So good.

Spicy Chicken Rigatoni

Adapted from Tastebook.com
Serves 8
Ingredients
    • 1/4 cup oil
    • 1 tsp crushed red pepper
    • 1/8 tsp salt
    • 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
    • 1 tbs chopped garlic
    • 12 oz chicken, sliced
    • 1 cup Marinara sauce
    • 10 oz Light Alfredo sauce (Butoni)
    • 1 lb Rigatoni pasta
    • 2 cups reduced fat mozzarella

    Directions

    1.) In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper, salt, pepper, garlic and chicken until chicken is cooked. Cook pasta according to package directions (If you’d like you can chop the chicken into smaller pieces after its cooked)

    2.)Drain Rigatoni and return to pot. Add chicken mixture and sauces to pasta. Mix well.

    3.)Pour everything in a 9x13 casserole dish, top with mozzarella, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
               

    No comments:

    Post a Comment