Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Low Sugar Jam Collection


A few weeks ago I was looking around the internet for different jam recipes to put in our homemade Greek yogurt. I always knew that jam had lots of sugar in it, but had no clue how much was really in it. I was completely disgusted to find that many recipes had more SUGAR than fruit . The first recipe I wanted to tried call for a total of 4 3/4 cups of fruit and 6 1/2 cups of sugar. Yuck! I knew there had to be an alternative. When I buy jam at the store, I usually grab the Reduced Sugar kind. Anyway, I knew it was time for me to try my hand at canning and making my own. There is lots of information and recipes online for low sugar jams and jellies which is very convenient but they are scattered all over the place. So, with that being said. I made myself a little collection and figured I share with you guys.
The *= recipes that use Pomona Pectin, a special low sugar pectin with calcium water, all the other ones use Ball No or low sugar pectin. I have gone through almost a whole bottle on the Ball Pectin and have had great results.


Low Sugar Apple Pie Jam

Sugar Free Apricot Jam

No Sugar Blackberry Jam

Low Sugar Blueberry Jam

Low Sugar Carrot Cake Jam

Low Sugar Mango Jam

Low Sugar Peach Vanilla Jam

Low Sugar Peach Mango Jam

Low Sugar Pear Vanilla Jam

Low Sugar Plum Jam

Low Sugar Strawberry Jam

Low Sugar Raspberry Jam

Low Sugar Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam



I've tried a few of them already, hopefully, I can't wait for more fruit to be in season! Yummmm
PS if you try any let me know how they turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment