Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Crafting Space

Michael and I have been blessed with an incredible home. We have 1800 square feet in our townhouse that includes 4 bedrooms, 3 and a half bathrooms, eat in kitchen, living room and den with a kitchenette/wet bar. Although Michael has an hour+ commute each way, having a big home, with a little back yard that backs up to the woods seems worth it. That being said, I'm not the one driving 2.5 hours each day :) Michael often mentions how much he misses his 12 minute commute, unfortunately, comparable townhouses in Alexandria go for well over $2,000 each month. Although we probably could live in the area, it's just not worth it for us. The first room we set up when we moved in was Michael's music studio that is the home to his arsenal of string instruments. Then the rest of the house kind of fell in place. We decided that the small bedroom upstairs would be my office where I could pay bills and work on school work and papers. For the first 6 months of living here it was our junk room, where everything that didn't have a place found a home. When my mom sent down all my childhood furniture I was able to set it up as a craft room and sewing studio. Previously, fabric, cake decorating supplies, knitting needles and yarn, and pretty much any other crafting supplies I owned lived in big plastic tubs which made it difficult and messy to find what I needed. My studio is finally 100% set up and I couldn't be happier.:)
This dresser holds knitting supplies, yarn, ribbon, felt, paper and office supplies, inks & stamps, glass etching supplies, and my keyboard and mouse for my computer.

 The left corner of the room is the home to my printer and embroidery machine. 
 This is the view from the door, sewing machine in the corner and fabric storage on the right, the dresser has 2 drawers full of fabric and the top drawer is used for packing material.

 The rack holds my second sewing machine, a basket of goodies, thread organizer, mail scale, patterns and the bottom two shelves are filled with fleece and minky.

My fabric stash

 The closet stores mailing  boxes for my shop, 1 bin of keepsakes, 1 bin of scraps, the box in the upper left hand corner, along with the plastic drawers are filled with cake decorating supplies
 Here is part of a project I've been working on for a few weeks. Love the lil' doggy :)


and Michael got his new guitar this week, the store he ordered it from loved it so much they decided to order one to keep in store. I don't blame them. It looks awesome :)

1 comment: