Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Stinkin' Good Banana Pie

This week I combined two recipes that I had pinned. One with instructions to make "caramel" from sweetened condensed milk in the crock pot, and one for "sinful banana pie". This pie was so good. I don't know that I would characterize the sweetened condensed milk as caramel, but I've also seen it called "dulce de leche" and "toffee" in my opinion... It still tastes like condensed milk... The pie was so good. I decided to make 6 mini pies since I think they are cute :)

Ingredients:
Sweetened condensed milk
3 bananas
Graham Cracker pie crust
Whip Cream
Pecans (optional)
First cook the condensed milk in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. Be sure you cover the WHOLE can with water, you don't want it to EXPLODE. Also, cover the bottom of your crock pot with something (saucer, liner, wax paper) or you will get rust on the bottom.

Slice the bananas into the crust.

Cover with the caramel/dulce de leche/toffee/condensed milk/whatever you want to call it

If you are going to add pecans, now is the time.

Cover with whip cream

(you'll have to imagine this picture... they were gone before I remembered to take a photo....)
Refrigerate for at least one hour.

SO easy. SO good. The most work you'll do is shoveling it into your mouth! Make sure you cover the WHOLE can with water... I'd feel really bad if your kitchen blew up... I think next week I'll try a craft... I've been so busy with my embroidery machine I haven't had time to try any!

No comments:

Post a Comment