Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's been too long!

Hi guys! I haven't forgotten about you! I can't believe how FAST November and December went by! Lots has happened in the past month or so!
  • On November 1st, I opened my Etsy Shop, Hunt's Handmade, where I sell handmade heat packs filled with rice. I have the blessing of being a stay at home wife for now but got bored during the day so I decided (with the encouragement of Michael) to sell some crafts. I told myself I would share the news with everyone when I made $1000 or hit 100 sales, whatever came first. Well, I hit $1000 in early December but still wasn't ready to share with everyone so I waited to hit 100 sales. I am currently at 96 so I thought it would be a nice compromise :) It has been a total blessing to be able to sew and craft and make money. I had no idea it would work out so well, I figured I'd be sharing this with you in 6 months or so. Not two. God has more than provided :You can check out my shop here:
    www.brittanyhunt.etsy.com
  •  I successfully (very successfully and single handedly, I might add) prepared our very first Thanksgiving meal. Turkey, potatoes, green beans, collard greens, sweet potato casserole and caramel apple cheesecake. It was so good!
  • Michael and I celebrated 6 wonderful months of marriage on the  December 11th
     
  • Michael has officially completed his first class towards his PhD and I managed to get through history (ugh. I hate history...) with an A.
  •  Christmas was spent in Virginia Beach with our families. Our parents only live 3 miles apart!! It is SOOO convenient for holidays. Apparently we were on the good list this year, we were so spoiled!! My "big gifts" included an embroidery machine, a bluetooth speaker for my computer and iphone, and a mail scale which I so desperately needed for my business. Michael was given several video games, a microphone, and a new electric hollow body guitar.
  • New Years Eve was spent quietly in our home and without a bang, but we are thankful for another year.
After spending much time on Pinterest, and "pinning" tons of crafts, outfits, stuff to sew, and recipes, but not actually doing them, I decided to put it all into action. Each week I will pick something from my boards to try an,d blog about it. I'm not really sure in what format this will be yet, but I am so excited about it!! I am letting Michael pick the first one so I'm sure it will be a yummy recipe! Stay tuned, friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment